1.“If you’re going to let one stupid prick ruin your life… you’re not the girl I thought you were.” Professor Stromwell, Legally Blonde
In life you will always find people who just simply don’t like you. No matter how nice, smart or old you are — there’s a good chance you have someone in your life who wants to put you down for no good reason. You cannot let their thoughts, words, or actions ruin your life. Let their hate teach you the importance of love. And never, ever forget that the best revenge is success and kindness.
2. “You think you know me, but you don’t. And that means you don’t know what I can do.” Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill
Once again, you will have people who do not like you and people who do not see your potential. When you find someone who says you can’t, say you can. Do it. Prove them wrong. Have confidence in your ability to change the world.
3. “For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:15
Esther was a woman who, although became queen, saved the Jews in her town from being killed while risking her own life. This story is beautiful and I challenge everyone to read it. This quote from this book reminds you and me the individual purpose we are given. You were created for such a time as this. You may be surrounded by trials and struggles but God placed you in them for a reason. Pray to Him and ask Him how He can use you, just like He used Esther, her position, and her beauty to save the Jews. You were created for a purpose. Let your life be given to the One who breathed life into you.
4. “Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die; follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” Babe The Sandlot
Be a legend. Leave a legacy that changes the world.
5. “Anything can happen in this world for an ordinary girl…” Hannah Montana, Ordinary Girl
This was my senior quote. Okay, you may never be a popstar who can live a double life by a simple wig–but what I can promise you is that you, my friend, have the power to change the world. You are not called to live an ordinary life. You are called to live a life that makes your Creator look down on you in the scary world and say, “well done, good and faithful one.”
6. “I sometimes have a feeling I can do crystal meth, but then I think, ‘Mmm, better not.'” Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect)
Don’t do drugs. You are human, and some things that aren’t a good idea may cross your mind. Think twice. Keep thinking, “better not”.
7. “Who you are is way more important than who you sit with at lunch.” Gordo, Lizzie McGuire
No matter how old you get, you are going to naturally think your worth is defined by how “popular” and “liked” you are. Your worth comes from who you are, not from your relationship status, how many likes you get, or how “cool” the girls are that you hangout with. Find people who love you and accept you for who you are and push you to be the best version of yourself. Find people who love you like your Creator. And when you meet your Maker I doubt He’s going to ask you if you were “popular”. However, He will ask you who you were. Gordo was right.
8. “If you’re married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife ‘I love her’ the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity? And that’s how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life.” Tim Tebow
Your relationship with God should be a relationship. It is not meant for only one hour every week. When you decide to let sin win, you are cheating on the One who eternally loves you. You are cheating on the King who fights for you each day. Let your relationship with Christ be a dance. A life where you follow your Makers steps, with grace and gentleness, letting Him guide you to where you are called. And don’t stop dancing, ever. Your faith is not meant to be one moment when you said a pretty prayer. It is meant to consume every second of your everyday. You are in a relationship with God, try not to cheat on Him.
9. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Yes, you may not feel God 100% of the time–but He is there. Whether you believe or not, He is by your side asking to dance with you. Your trials are great, but your Savior is greater. Let your strength come from the One who created you, the One will never abandon you.
10. “Always remember who you are, where you are from, and what you represent.” my grandmother
Shout out to my grandmother for this one. Every action you do should be one that reflects the legacy you want to leave. And also no matter what you do in life, do something that makes your grandmother proud.
11. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
Gosh I know what you are thinking…. CLASSIC PLUG AT THE END. I’m sure there’s some of you who are reading this who did not to expect to me to throw in some quotes involving that guy named “Jesus”. If you are one of those people who preferred my movie/song quotes, thanks for making it this far.
But let me be clear on one important thing… the gospel is real and saves. You are reading this article by no mistake. The most important thing for you to believe in is that Jesus came as a perfect man, died for your sins, and rose from the dead. He is coming again and your judgement day is near. The gospel has given me hope and the gospel has given me a purpose. Through the gospel, I have joy and I know that this world is only a temporary stop.
My prayer for you, the one reading this simple list, is that you will try to listen to God tonight. Write a prayer down, listen to a worship song, do something. God may not speak the way you want, but He will appear the way you need. Maybe he will speak to you through a child, through a random article you found on Facebook, or through nature. Maybe the circumstances you are facing are actually a conversation from God asking you to run back to Him. However you find Him, I pray you seek Him, accept Him, and wake up each morning living out the gospel.