Originally posted by me here:
1. Do not spend more than $9 on mascara. CVS sells ones that work just fine.
2. It won’t matter later on that he was on a high school football team.
3. Your push-up bra is obvious.
4. Chill with the eyeliner.
5. If he cheats on you, say goodbye.
6. Stop subtweeting or Facebooking your life.
7. Don’t tell your mom you hate her; you will regret it.
8. Innocence is beautiful.
9. Call your grandma just because.
10. Some people will never like you; don’t let it bother you.
11. Kill them with kindness.
12. TPing/Rolling houses is all fun and games till it rains and you have to clean it up.
13. You were beautiful before he told you.
14. Don’t believe stereotypes. Get to know people personally instead of judging them.
15. Don’t let one mistake define you.
16. But learn from your mistakes.
17. Eat home-cooked meals. You will miss it one day.
18. Your mom can see a fake friend before you can.
19. Your dad can see a crappy boy before you can.
20. Enjoy your metabolism while it lasts.
21. There is more to life than Friday night.
22. If your parents buy you something, whether it’s a McDonald’s or an iPhone, say thank you.
23. You are more beautiful than you will ever know.
24. Prom is not the “best night of your life,” but go anyway.
25. High school years are not the best years of your life.
26. However, enjoy high school while it lasts, you will miss some of it.
27. Bad times make you appreciate the good times.
28. It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.
29. Stop comparing yourself to others; that will never do any good.
30. Learn to forgive. Also learn that not everyone deserves your trust.
31. Learn to apologize.
32. He isn’t the love of your life.
33. Sex does not make you mature or an adult.
34. Stop pretending to be someone you are not to impress people.
35. Keep a journal.
36. You’ll regret spending $90 on that Abercrombie fur vest.
37. Eat the dang doughnut.
38. Five for $27, appreciate it, and never forget it.
39. Pray for your future husband every once in a while.
40. Pray for your future kids too.
41. Take those ACT prep classes seriously.
42. Hug your grandpa every chance you get.
43. Write thank you notes for everything.
44. Tell your favorite high school teacher she rocks.
45. Nothing good happens past midnight.
46. Put others before yourself.
47. Unless that person is an ex-boyfriend. You deserve happiness, stop worrying about him.
48. If you love God, then you should love people.
49. His plan is greater than yours (Romans 8:28).
50. Stop speeding; especially on turns. Also stop at stop signs.
51. Enjoy life. It goes by faster than you think.
To all of the high school girls reading this–I hope you never forget that even though life sometimes stinks, you will have plenty of moments that make you forget about the hard times. You will have moments of laughter, joy, and thankfulness that compensate for the time you failed your math test or the boy broke your heart. Be willing to adventure through life, and go through the bad with a smile knowing the best is yet to come. Embrace your innocence and stop trying to grow up. You only get to be a kid once; so enjoy the end of the beginning while you can.
“One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.”– One Tree Hill
Originally posted here: