1. Your daddy was wrong… you are not the prettiest girl.
There will always be girls who are more physically attractive than you and there is nothing you can do about it. By 19 you learn to embrace who you are and the beauty God has uniquely given you made from His image.
2. Time doesn’t heal all wounds.
There are some scars you have that will remain painful for you every time you look back on them. The only thing you can do is thank God for having a plan you don’t always understand and do your best to become stronger from the pain.
3. Ice cream will not kill you.
Life is too short to always eat salads.
4. People aren’t always going to like you.
I once heard the quote “you can be the tastiest orange in all the world but there will always be someone who hates oranges”. You can’t help it that your personality won’t always be liked by others, but never change to please anyone, be yourself.
5. Zac Efron will always be hot.
You fell in love with him at twelve and probably still are in love with him now, it’s just a fact. If you are reading this Zac know you will always be my first love.
6. Guys always end up marrying the classy girl
The easy girl is never wife material… never be that girl. Being the hard-to-get girl who is fun but classy will pay off later.
7. FOMO is real.
No matter how old you get you will always experience the “fear of missing out”. However you have to fight it in order to pass you Biology midterm on Friday. It’s okay to miss a function, party, or night out to study.
8. Black is the most flattering color.
When in doubt buy the dress for formal in black.
9. Likes on Instagram and Facebook don’t actually matter.
You might still be salty that the fourteen year old from your hometown gets more likes than you, but you now realize that it means nothing.
10. Mistakes happen.
Your ex-boyfriend from high school is the best example.
11. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
You’ve experienced death of a loved one by the time you reach 19 therefore you know from personal experience how short life really is and how it can be taken from you any minute. By 19 hopefully you have learned to embrace the time you are given everyday.
12. You’ll never regret feeding a homeless person but you’ll regret walking away from them.
If you have an extra five bucks go buy them a burger. It may not fix their life but it may make them smile and feel loved.
13. Your old Facebook photos from seventh grade will haunt you for the rest of your life.
But you never end up deleting them because they are memories.
14. Jimmy Johns delivers at all times.
This is important when you’re studying for three tests in the library at two am.
15. Beyonce should be your spirit animal.
She can kick butt while still looking beautiful. Her songs should be an anthem for your life.
16. Any boy who breaks your heart never even deserved it.
He was temporary and not the one and that is okay. God has someone better up in store for you who will make you forget the boy who broke your heart when your at the altar one day looking at your husband.